Saturday 24 April 2010

Sunset Delight


I took a stroll with the dog from Burrator Reservoir the other night. Wow what an evening; I had only intended a brief 'stretch of the legs' but found myself heading for Down Tor. The setting sun was absolutely magnificent as it nestled between Down Tor and Sharpitor. Making the most of this glorious evening sunshine I extended the walk over the top of Hingston Hill where there is a huge bronze age stone row and associated cists and cairns. It is within easy reach of the Burrator area, and I really would recommend a visit. Recent evidence indicates that some of Dartmoor's antiquities pre-date Stonehenge by up to 1000 years taking us back to 5,500 years ago - News article .

All all of this while walking the dog; Dartmoor really is good value :-)




5 comments:

Martin Rye said...

It did not do that on Friday or Saturday night. You live a charmed life :)

Walk Dartmoor said...

:-)

Paul Buck said...

Stunning picture Shamus! I envy you living there!

Walk Dartmoor said...

Thanks Paul, I shall just go and pinch myself. :-))

Unknown said...

That's not a bad photo. Walking the dog? Nice. Always liked Dartmoor.